On the Road: What I Learned.

9 days in search of something.

Some have said it better than I.

“If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with.”

"In the end you don't so much find yourself as you find someone who knows who you are. Don't spend all of your time trying to FIND yourself. Spend your time CREATINGyourself into a person that you'll be proud of."

“I think you travel to search and you come back home to find yourself there.” 

“Life is painful and messed up. It gets complicated at the worst of times, and sometimes you have no idea where to go or what to do. Lots of times people just let themselves get lost, dropping into a wide open, huge abyss. But that's why we have to keep trying. We have to push through all that hurts us, work past all our memories that are haunting us. Sometimes the things that hurt us are the things that make us strongest. A life without experience, in my opinion, is no life at all. And that's why I tell everyone that, even when it hurts, never stop yourself from living.” 

“It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.”



Yeah...all of that.

I was never really in search of myself. I think what I realized is I'm a social being. I like people and in the end, if by meeting someone and talking to them, they like themselves a little more, then I guess it did Good...err...uhh. Well!

So there is no great epiphany other than realizing something I always knew. I like myself. Who I was and who I have become. If you want to be somebody else, change your mind.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bartenders of the Millenium

Dear Penthouse: I Never Thought This Would Happen to Me but today.....

Mourning Breakfast